Southlands Country Fair
Fair Day - Sunday, Sept 13th
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(most events under cover in case of rain)
For Information Contact:
Pippa Emrick - Coordinator 604-351-5522 or email@example.com
Tasha Maynard - Coordinator 778-222-8274 firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Southlands Country Fair?
It's a community event that focuses on horses and a rural lifestyle within the city of Vancouver. It was created to showcase the unique equestrian neighbourhood of Southlands, and to give all residents of Vancouver the opportunity to enjoy a day in the country, without leaving the city.
Who comes to the Country Fair?
Several thousand people attend the Country Fair every year. At the Fair, you'll meet families with kids as well as lots of other people seeking an old-fashioned country experience within the city.
What can you do at the Country Fair?
There are activities for all ages, all day long. Shopping, learning, petting animals, riding ponies, playing games, and watching horses and riders perform...you will be entertained from the moment you enter the gates. Specific attractions include:
- Horse Entertainment throughout the day featuring Southlands riders demonstrating all the exciting things horses can do
- Pony Rides and Hay Rides
- a Farm Yard Fun area for the kids full of old-fashioned, country-themed activities
- the Vendors Market for those who love to shop for local arts and crafts
- Silent Auction
- Book Sale and Bake Sale
- the Petting Farm full of animals for the kids to meet
- lots of great food and a pleasant picnic area
- day-long musical entertainment featuring local artists
- there are free activities
Will there still be things to do if it rains?
YES, a majority of the events will be moved indoors or undercover.
What does it cost to come to the Country Fair?
Entry to the Fair grounds is by donation. We suggest $5...but it is up to you. Once inside the grounds, there are plenty of FREE activities for children and adults.
Some activities, such as the pony rides, games and amusements, and the petting farm require a small fee of $1- $5.
Frequently Asked Questions...
- Dogs are allowed but must be on a leash
- The grounds are wheelchair accessible
- There are lots of free activities
- The day runs rain or shine
What is done with the money raised by the Country Fair?
Partial proceeds from the fair is donated to a variety of local charities with equestrian ties. If you would like to apply for funding on behalf of your charity, please complete and submit this form. The remainder of funds raised are used to support the Southlands Riding Club, a non-profit society established in 1943 as a recreational and training facility for junior and amateur equestrian athletes.
Do you still have a question or comment? Contact Country Fair Coordinators Pippa or Tasha.